Turning radius

How do Subies compare to other brands, such as Hondas and Toyotas?

Which Subie? Which Honda? Which Toyota?
I imagine there's quite a difference between a WRX and an Ascent, just for starters.
If you can't find the information on the manufacturers' websites, try Road & Track, Motor Trend, or Car & Driver.
On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 2:28:34 PM UTC-8, Patty Winter wrote:

Precisely. There is some variance between models. Generally, a Forester, not to mention Impreza, is much more manuverable compared to an Outback/Baja Tribeca, or even Legacy.
I'd say turning radius is good on the smaller cars. Nothing outstanding on the bigger models but overall good. Despite burden of AWD similar to non-AWD car of other makes.
Basia

On 12/25/2017 4:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I was just interested in how it feels to turn around on a 2-way street or parking in a tight place compared to some other cars you may have had before. I haven't decided which model I'm going to buy but I definately want one that is more maneuvrable than the Honda Accord I am driving now.
On 12/25/2017 3:43 PM, cameo wrote:

I think that you need to do some Googling for yourself. As a starting point, the turning circle of an 2018 Outback (all versions) is 36 feet which would, if my primary school education still holds up, make the radius 18 feet. I suspect that the Outback probably has the largest circle of all the Subarus, given its size. Or maybe the Ascent but I'm not going to go look it up.
On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 5:14:09 PM UTC-8, John McGaw wrote:

If cirumference is 36 feet, from circumference formula radius should be 5.73 feet [Diameter= 2(Pi)r] 36=2(3.14)r
Basia
On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 5:26:38 PM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Not diameter but Circumerence= 2(Pi)r
Anyway, from my experience, these cars have similar turning ability to non AWD cars.

Basia
On 12/25/2017 3:43 PM, cameo wrote:

In the two Subies that I've owned so far, a 2000 Outback, and a 2008 Tribeca, I've found that the turning radius is pretty long compared to other cars I've driven. I find myself doing more 3-point turns than in any other vehicles. My feeling is that the permanent AWD system makes turning a bit more difficult.
    Yousuf Khan
On 1/2/2018 8:32 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:

Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for. Not so much that the radius is long, but the personal experience.
On 1/3/2018 6:47 PM, cameo wrote:

I've never tried the shorter wheelbase Subies, like the Impreza or Crosstrek, so maybe my experience is skewed a bit by going with larger Subies.
Also another problem I've had with my Subies, is knowing where the corners are, especially out the back, so I tend to be very conservative on my backing up and turning. If your car has a backup camera, it'll probably be a lot easier for you. My cars are too old to have had standard backup cameras.

I have the opposite experience. My wife's 2014 Forester has a much better turning radius than my 2011 Infiniti M37.
Surely it depends more on the model than the brand. It shouldn't be hard to google up the turn radii for various models of Subaru and the competitors.
--
John Varela

On 1/5/2018 9:59 AM, John Varela wrote:

The turn radious is not a common spec item for car features listed for typical buyers. One would have to dig for too much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Subaru+Forester+Turn+Radius&ie=utf-8 &oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&gws _rd=ssl
--
John Varela

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 1:08:57 PM UTC-8, John Varela wrote:

gws

Better than a Corolla and a Civic.
17.4 vs. 17.8 and 17.85
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US% 3Aunofficial&biw63&bihT7&ei=AKBSWt3oKcbsmAG10Im4CQ&q=toyota+co rolla+Turn+Radius&oq=toyota+corolla+Turn+Radius&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i30k1.5 947.10754.0.11769.14.14.0.0.0.0.127.1671.0j14.14.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0 .14.1670...0i7i30k1j0i7i5i30k1.0.SqOXwHGrqzU
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US% 3Aunofficial&biw63&bihT7&eiBSWu_kH8qpmwGpt76wBA&q=civic+Tur n+Radius&oq=civic+Turn+Radius&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i5i30k1.3570.5353.0.6617. 5.5.0.0.0.0.154.638.0j5.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.5.638...0i7i30k1j0i8i7 i30k1j0i7i5i30k1.0.0C35SId2W_M
On 1/7/2018 2:35 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Thanks, though they are virtually the same.
On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 3:40:52 PM UTC-5, cameo wrote:

My impression is that my 2010 Outback has a great turning radius. Much smaller than I expected for a decent sized car. I just picked up a 2018 Impreza, and I haven't really noticed the turning radius yet. Too cold and snowy to be experimenting!