"Turning rims"

Hey, all.

Over the 4 years I've had my WRX, I've had a couple of unfortunate runins with curbs. There's a few inches of scarring on the wheel rims.

I gather that I could take them into the shop, and have them 'turned', or machined, to clean off the scrape marks, but am curious if there are any 'home-brew' remedies for such problems. Maybe taking a Dremel and a fine stone wheel to the area???

BD

Reply to
BD

I just read this article - I think I may give something like this a try. Sadly, there's no one in my town who will fix the rims. I'll have to travel to another city.

Just read this article - looks worth trying.

BD