Chrome Cobra rims, Kumhos

Howdy! Been a long while since I posted here. I got a job with a company van, so the GT has been taking it easy, playing on weekends. But now for business...

My rims are nice chrome Cobra-style 17x8's and get compliments constantly. However, 2 of the center caps got wrecked the last time I got a rotate/balance. I think I could get Cobra caps that fit, but don't want snakes on my pony if I can help it.

Has anyone seen caps like these or have any idea whether "real" Cobra caps would fit? These are 2.5" across, but I have no idea who made these wheels, as they came with the car.

On the other hand, is anyone interested in these rims? They have low-mileage Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's (245/45/17) on them and look great aside from the cap thing. I've always wanted to get some 15" Cragars and some fat white-lettered rubber. I'm in Orlando and would be happy to either fix them to keep or negotiate their sale.

Here's pics:

Thanks! Andy Roy

94 GT
Reply to
Andy Roy

They make a zillion different sizes. I recently found this out when I bought my bigger rims.

One thing I liked was that my Eagles came with a chrome looking cap that you can barely see the Eagle logo on, I think it helped dress them up a lot.

I would say look around, get the specs from different vendors and see what will fit. I agree, if it ain't a Cobra, it would look funny, I didn't like the snakes in the middle because they had a black background.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Andy,

How much would you want for the rims and tires? I live in Tampa...Not sure if I would be interested in them or not...Just thought I would ask.

Reply to
Shane Metzler