'97 Outback dropping out of gear

Our beloved '98 Legacy Outback Wagon has started to occasionally drop out of gear and into neutral. I'll just be driving along and Whoops! - it's in neutral. I usually have to shift it back to neutral and into gear again a couple of time to get it to engage. We've had it to the dealership but it will never do it when we take it there. Has anyone else had this experience? Any advice?

THANKS!

Reply to
Hurricane