What is good to cover Forester leather seats with-lambskin?

I am expecting to buy a 06 Forester LL Bean Edition within the next month and these will come with leather seats. I like this during the winter but I know it can get hot during the summer. As well, I'm thinking of getting some type of seat cover that I can put on them during the hottest months. What are some type of covers that are good to look into for this? I have heard of lambskin covers but am wondering if there are certain covers I should look for, any suggestions of where to order from, etc? I do want something that fits well and looks very nice and am willing to pay extra for that.

Reply to
Mark W

If your car has side airbags in the seats, make sure any seat cover allows proper operation of them.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I only use my OBW Ltd. during a winter - no problem here w/ "hot seats" :)

Reply to
daszkiew2000

Good point about the side airbags. I never even though of that but I'll see what I can get, maybe something that allows for that or only covers the middle and not the edges where the airbags are.

Reply to
Mark W

I live in FL, leather seats don't get hot, no hotter than anything else, now if you have dark colored vinyl in a convertible, that is a different story.

Reply to
jerryeveretts

I say wait it out 'till you see what the seats are like in the summer. Custom fit lambskin covers are really nice, but you may not need them. Also, never thought about the side airbags either, so you need to think about that.

My Outback has cloth seats (heated), so no problem there, but my other car has black leather seats. It's not a convertible, so no problem there. I know some cars now have heated AND cooled seats. That would be the ultimate.

Reply to
Sheldon

From the accessories catalogue for the 06 Forester here in Aus:

Lambswool Seat Inserts - beige Code: SAC8002B Lambswool keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter. Fully compatible with side airbags

Lambswool Seat Inserts - grey Code: SAC8002G Lambswool keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter. Fully compatible with side airbags.

They look similar to what I've got in my OB. Not too shabby if you pick the right colour for your interior. Cheers

Reply to
hippo