Which Subaru to buy?

Hello, I own a 2002 Forester L and am thinking of buying a new Subaru. The Forester is my daily driver and I plan to give it to my wife and use the new one myself. I'm on the road quite a bit and am currently between another Forester or an Impreza RS wagon. My guess is the Impreza wagon will give better performance and mileage, being a bit lighter. I'm 5'10" and 220 pounds, so would it be too small? Also what's the advantage of getting the Outback Sport version of the Impreza wagon? TIA!

Ben

Reply to
Cixcos

I just test drove a 05 Saab 92-X which is the exact same car as the Outback. I am 6'1" 225 & found the driver compartment very cramped. The seats were also very narrow & did not feel comfy.

Reply to
Mike Broda

The 9-2X is the same as the Outback Sport not the Outback.

The sport is based on the Impreza Platform, the Outback on the Legacy.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

What do you mean it is the "exact same car" as the Outback?

Reply to
kstahl

Well, at 6' 0" / 200 lbs. for me my Outback is at it's absolute limit for seat adjustment. So I'd say unless your legs are proportioned long you'll do OK.

Should get in one though, in case you don't like some other feature.

Reply to
Sparky Polastri

I am 6'5", 215 lbs. and drive an 05 OBW. My only problem is that my right thigh rubs against the steering wheel when I enter and exit the car.

Reply to
Nicolaas

Since the Forester was another car based on the Impreza chassis, if you fit in the Forester, you'll fit in the Impreza. (Does the Forester have a little more headroom?)

The Outback versions offer different paint and trim bits, but more importantly, they have different suspension setups. Outback cars ride an extra inch or so higher than their non-Outback counterparts.

Reply to
Brent Burton

Although the same platform, the For has a higher seating position and thus more leg room. The 06 For is almost out, so go get an 05 for a big discount. The Impreza is a SMALL car, not an SUV.

Reply to
burgelis

It's an Impreza wagon with a different nose and Saab badges. Maybe he meant OBS? Either way it's sadly neither Outback nor proper Saab. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Same height and same complaint about the steering wheel on my Legacy H6 wagon but I enjoy more space above my head than with the Mistubishi Galant I had before.

Reply to
Zelidar