wierd sound accelerating

I have a 97 outback that makes this wierd sound like metal scratching against the right wheel when i start to accelerate, it also makes the same noice when im making a sharp turn or u-turn, anyone have an idea whats wrong

Reply to
masixx01

The first thing that pops into my head when you describe what sounds like metal scratching against the wheel, is that perhaps your brake pad(s) are worn down to the sensors and need to be replaced. Though, if that were the case, the scraping would probably be constant. It would still be a good idea to check the brakes pads to determine their condition. Good luck.

Reply to
TheManFromUtopia

Wheel bearing, perhaps?

~Brian

Reply to
strchild

If there is a dust shield, have them look at it. Sometimes it's just as simple as bending it back away from the rotor. :-) I had almost exactly the same noise on my '02 WRX and in that case it was just a bent dust shield.. fix was basically a screwdriver for leverage and a quick push.

Reply to
kothog