Windshield wipers, 97 OBW

I purchased blade replacements from Subaru and received small packets of:

Optomizer: Clean rubber wiper element with the Optimizer pad to increase and prolong wiper performance.

When am I supposed to apply it? Before I put them on or half way through their expected lifetime? If before, why doesn't the manufacturer just put it on? Does this stuff actually do anything?

BTW, I replaced my front arms and blades. I hate to throw things away so is anyone interested in the old arms/blades?

Thanks!

Reply to
franklin.bowen

In case anyone else wants to know the answer about the Optimizer pad, look for "Do I need to clean my windshield before installing new wipers?" at the following link:

franklin.bowen