XT engine rattle?

In the Yahoo Forester group there's talk of an engine rattle in the XT. I don't yet have 2,000 miles on mine, and I'm not aware of any such rattle. I don't even know if this is the US 2.5L model, or the 2.0L turbo sold in other countries. Can anyone here shed light on this? What exactly rattles? What causes it or why does it happen? What's the fix? At about what mileage is it most likely to start showing up? Thanks. --HW

Reply to
H. Whelply

I think the discussion in Yahoo Foresters is trying to work out where the rattle may be itself!!!

I know in some of the past Foresters, the rattle has been in the exhaust shielding, but not having heard Les's rattle, it's hard to guess at....

Reply to
Andrew Morris

I have a european manual switched Forrester from 2002. Quite often when shifting from 2 to 3 one can hear a rattle for e few seconds. To me it sounds like the valves, but i know ocassional noises are very difficult.

greetings Rob

Reply to
robf