1964 Chevrolet van.

is amazing the prices some of those cars sell for.

In the last issues of the two mags I get that print auction results I have been floorboarded at the prices some of the cars have been getting. There have been several where the sales price has been around twice the "typical" selling price. Just a year ago it was common to see them go for less then the typical price. And some of these cars don't even strike me as all that desirable yet they are selling for prices approaching 100K.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Watching Desert Car Kings right now on Comcast Xfinity Velocity TV channel. They are fixing up a 1950 Studebaker car. The same program comes on TV aga in this afternoon at 3:00 PM CST.One of those guys found an old water coole r/air conditioner that mounts on a window. He said it could be worth more t han the car. I am just glad that some people are fixing up/restoring those old cars regardless of what they sell for.

Reply to
JR

I own a 1941 Chrysler, and I am sick of these damn shows where everything is being sold for mega-bucks, and every car is a "gold mine". Old Chrysler Corp. cars from the 40's and early 50's go for peanuts in the real world, because unless you REALLY want one, you will never get your money back on a restoration.

Reply to
sctvguy