1987 Toyota Camry Replacing Ignition Cylinder Lock

Hi

I posted earlier about the steering problem. Thanks for all the advice.

So I just picked up a new ignition cylinder lock with 2 keys.

I just opened the factory manual and can't find anywhere in the manual that covers this?

Could someone please outline what I need to do? Remove steering wheel? etc.

Also I read before that there is sometimes problems when replacing tthe clyinder lock, something about the switch getting stuck in a certain position or the steering wheel locking.

The cylinder lock that I am replacing is partially damaged and I do have the key. Does the key have to been in a certain position to remove the old cylinder and install the new one?

Also is there a pin that I need to drill?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio