1994 Chevrolet G20 High Top Conversion Van V8

Can anyone tell me what it would cost to repair each of these items on this van... seperately? (I'm not sure what the problem is yet):

Replace the Tranny front seal?

Replace the Tranny rear seal?

Replace the Tranny pan gasket/filter?

My Dad has a leak and I'm curious as to what is a reasonable estimate on each of these repairs on this vehicle. We are in Port Richey, Florida....

Thanks for your help...

BM

Reply to
Big Mac

Since no one has responded, I'll open.

The rear shaft seal is pretty easy, but you can tell if it is leaking by looking. If you have the right puller, you can get that seal out in a few minutes and tap a new one back into place. Id estimate $50 or maybe somewhat more, unless you go to a dealership where they charge high and have generous flatrates.

The pan gasket and filter... About $75 -90 at a typical independent shop, according to my last estimate. More if you let them suck out all the old tranny fluid with their sucko machine and replace all the fluid. You could do it yourself for about $25 for the filter and gasked, and maybe $15-20 worth of tranny fluid.

Front seal. Depends. Hard to get to, they have to drop the tranny. If they can pully the tranny body without having to take off the bellhousing, it is an easier job. On some cars and trannies you can do this, on others you cant. Without checking flatrate times or parts costs, I would estimate $150-350.

Reply to
hls