2001-2003 Dodge Grand Caravan reliable?

I am looking at purchasing a minivan this summer to replace my aging 1992 Dodge Caravan, which I had good luck with. I was looking at the 2001, 2002,

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan models. I think I can get a good price with low mileage on one of these years. How have these models held out? Any mechanical/tranny issues? From reading reviews it mentions Honda and Toyota are the best buys, but I can get a Dodge somewhat cheaper and with lower mileage. Any opinions appreciated.
Reply to
snow

I've got a 2002 Grand Caravan, purchased as a "program car" in 2003 with

19,000 miles on it. It's now got 36,000 and has been trouble-free. I'm very happy with it and highly recommend these vehicles.
Reply to
Dan C

I have a 2003 gr.caravan sport excellent, even better then my 1999 gr. caravan sport which I thought was great. I got a great deal, but I work for DC! Only problem was a burnt out bulb in the overhead console.

Anyway my friend works for Honda corporation and the Odyssey has bad trannies! He said they are worse then the old 604's. He is amazed at how the Honda customers put up with it compared to Chrysler. Seems that the more you pay the more crap you put up with! Oh, And he purchased his wife a Chrysler to drive!

Reply to
David

TRUE on the Honda transmission.

The motor on the Toyota has a tendency to sludge up and block up its oil return passages.

Reply to
Gene Poon

Reply to
snow

That was on the 97-00 odys, not the more recent ones.

Reply to
K`Tetch

But NOT if you follow the extreme conditions oil change schedule - and better than 90% of all north american driving falls into that category. Change the oil with quality oil every 3 months or 5000KM and you will NEVER have a coking problem on a Toyota

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce