2001 Safari Van with crazy rattle/noise while idling

Hoping for some suggestions, shortly after I purchased my used van w/35k miles on it I began to notice a slight vibration/rattling noise while stopped and gear engaged. First thought it was brake related but only happened at first when vehicle is at a stop and gear engaged. Now after 60k miles it is worse and happens now even when in park and motor is just idling, rattles like crazy... I have been underneath to investigate and thought it was a tail pipe hitting another metal part, not, so I followed the pipe to the converter, nope, heat shield, nope, so finally put pressure on pipe from the converter to the exhaust manifold coming directly out of bottom of engine and the rattling stopped. I am no auto repair expert, I do change my own brakes/oil/water pump/starter/ but is this something that can be repaired?? Is it a simple bolt loose somewhere/? thanks for any advice.. Brett

Reply to
Brett