2001 CX4 Widget Strange Metal Bracket With Heavy Weight Near Transmission/Muffler Area Fell Off!

Evening Group, I hope I can pick your brains on this bracket with a heavy weight that fell off of my QX4 tonight. At the store I noticed something metal hanging at the front of the catalytic converter area near the passenger side of the transmission tonight. I thought it was nothing at first, but I heard something metallic hitting the ground after hitting a few bumps and I went back for a look. Not sure where it goes or what it actually does. Since this 5 lbs. of weight fell off will my gas mileage double??? LOL

Anyway, here is a link to a picture of it. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks TQM

Tqm

It's a vibration dampener. Won't hurt anything to leave it off, but you might get vibration at certain RPMs.

Reply to
JimV