2003 Honda Accord LX Tail Light Housing Replacement

Hello.. I am trying to replace the tail lights on my 2003 Honda Accord LX, but am having difficulties removing the tail lights. On each side of the car I have an inner and outer tail light. When trying to remove the outer right tail light housing I remove three bolts. After removing these three bolts you can notice that the tail light is loose, but I am having an issue with removing the tail light. It seems that I would just have to pull the tail light straight out, but that is not the case. Something is catching. Would anyone know what that could be?

Reply to
king20188

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:1174263456.817703.91680 @y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

I thought the outer one had four nuts holding it on.

Also sometimes the gasket sticks, making you think you've left a nut undone.

Check carefully. Remove the trunk trim to make sure you're seeing all the nuts.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger,

I only took three nuts off. The replacement tail light housing only has three bolts for the nuts. Maybe the original has more?

Reply to
king20188

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

You're installing aftermarket or OEM? Why are you replacing them?

Reply to
Tegger

innews: snipped-for-privacy@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Tegger,

They are after market ALTEZZA tail lights. On the replacment tail lights there are some type of pins on the bottom and far right of the right out tail light.

Reply to
king20188

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Ah, then it's probably those pins that are sticking in their sockets. Are the pins bulged in the middle? If so, then they're supposed to snap in place. It can be a bit of a struggle to pop them loose. Some of Honda's front corner lamps are held in the same way.

Reply to
Tegger

Oh goody.. More poor functioning crap in the name of "looks kewl" :-/

Reply to
Steve

Steve wrote in news:acidnaVt4aVwcmLYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net:

I didn't wanna be the one to say that...

OP would be wise to hang on to his OEM lamps for when the Altezzas crap out. Ever priced OEM lamp assemblies? Cheaper to hang on to yours than eventually have to buy them back again on eBay...

Reply to
Tegger

I got no problem with calling junk junk ;-)

Or if he wants to sell the car without taking a hit in value. Or if he wants other cars to be able to SEE his signal lamps.

Reply to
Steve

Steve wrote in news:Do6dnUVL3fjUz53bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net:

Worst one I ever saw was a Honda Civic back in the winter, piloted by one of those young fellows who drives with his seat at a 45 degree angle.

He had aftermarket taillamps with some kind of chrome button in front of the bulbs. Problem was, he also had LED clusters in place of the stock incandescent bulbs. Since the LEDs had very little dispersion to the reflector, and since the LEDs were mostly hidden by the chrome button, his brake lights were very difficut to see. I was stuck behind him in heavy traffic and had to pay strict attention to avoid rear-ending him.

Reply to
Tegger