2003 Jeep Cheroke and Lemon Law

Hi All: My brother is leasing a 2003 Jeep Cheroke. This car is a real toilet. It has left hime stranded twice. The dealer Kelly Jeep Peabody, MA) says there is nothing wrong with it. Can he use the lemon law to terminate the lease?

Reply to
Finite Guy

Finite Guy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Generally, many incidents of documented proof of failure are required to invoke the lemon law. Laws vary widely by state. I would check with a good attorney and state offices for information.

Reply to
Anthony

Try here.

I think he will have a problem, since lemon laws don't apply to leased vehicle since the leasee is NOT the owner of the vehicle, the lessor is the owner.

mike hunt

Reply to
StonyRhoads

The OP should check the law. For example, the below statement is

*not* correct, as noted in the link posted:

"It depends upon which State the car was purchased or leased in. Some states include used and leased cars in their Lemon Law statutes. Some states have separate laws for used vehicles. Some states provide protection only for new cars. In some states, even the Attorney General is unable to tell you if a Leased vehicle is covered due to the way the law is phrased and you will be referred to an Attorney for clarification of the law. See the Lemon Law Summary and the State Statutes for your particular State to determine what is covered."

Approximately 8/19/03 11:32, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Duh? Wasn't that the gist of the post and the reason I posted the reference?

mike hunt

Reply to
MikeHunt