2003 SUZUKI AERIO SX Knock Sensor Code P0327 (Mitsubishi part)

2003 SUZUKI AERIO SX (AKA Liana) Knock Sensor Code P0327 (Mitsubishi part n umber KS170) The Suzuki Knock sensor is located on the back of the engine block Dead cen
ter just below the Cylinder head. I am surprised that I couldn't find other posts about it. I think the Engineers purposely put it in the hardest possible place to get at. It is a simple construction and simply screws out and the new one screws in . and only a single 6 inch wire with a connector.
To get to it, I had to lift the car up really high so I could really slide around underneath. remove the R/F tire, the RS belt protector. There is a bar between the head and the engine held by 2 14mm bolts that ha s to come off. I also had to cut a tie wrap off of the wire harness that is almost against the sensor so that I could unscrew it all the way. then I w as able to get a large open end wrench onto the sensor to unscrew it. Each bolt is a process in itself to remove due to the limited space but jus t keep trying. and yes, it did solve the problem and the engine light is now off. Thanks, crzzy1
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

lol. They couldn't care less if it's easy or hard to get to. Just that it works, (and makes it past warranty).
Congrats on fixing your own car.
GW