396 Flexplate

Can I use a Chevy 454 flexplate on my 396 motor if I remove the balance weights from a 454 flexplate? Is the balance weight the only difference between the two flexplates ?

Reply to
Erik

Loren

Thanks for posting a answer to my question. I bought a used 396 and It had a bad vibration between 1800 and 2500 RPM. I took a look at the flexplate and I saw weights installed on it. I removed the weights bolted the flexplate back up and it ran smooth after that.

Erik Fulton Santa Maria , CA

Reply to
Erik