65 galaxie transmission swap

I have a 65 galaxie 500 convertible with a 352 auto my cruise o matic recently went on me and id like to swap it out for a c6 because every cruise o matic ive ever had just turned out to be problem o matic so i found a c6 that was for a

351c and im trying to see if it will fit forst off bolt pattern and if the flywheel will work with it ive done as much research as i possibly can but cant get a definitive answer anywhere does anyone know if it will work ? And if so will it bolt up as is or will there need to be modifications to it? Thanks fpr the help
Reply to
Nate quinn

The C6 needs to be from an FE block engine, the bell housing pattern is different than the 351C you have. Crossmember has to be moved back to the C6 mount. Driveshaft yoke needs to be changed to match the C6. Starter and flywheel need to be from the C6 vehicle. The ones you have won't fit as the starter is longer and the ring gear is different. And you will need to play with the shift linkage to get the COM linkage to shift the C6 correctly, they are slightly different.

Reply to
Steve W.