87 dodge caravan trans swap 1990 Caravan. Please Help!!!

I have a 1987 dodge caravan with a bad tranny can I swap it with a

1990. if mine have a 2.6l engine. are there any other factors involve beside the engine size? Also with type of car can I swap it with need help bad. Thanks for all those who reply. Gary
Reply to
Gary

The trans have different bellhousing bolt patterns from a 4 to a 6. I'm not sure about the 2.5 and 2.6 trans, so measure the spread of the two top mounting holes between both transmissions, and the look of the starter mounting hole (it may be located up or down). Outwardly the two should look the same. You are aware of the differences between the 3 speed and the 4 speed trans that needs a control module to operate?

Pete

Reply to
pete selby