88 Supra A/C

After my first Supra, an 89, logged over 250,000 miles, I got worried and bought an 88 Supra Turbo from a "friend". 85,000 miles, manual. All the little things need fixing, so I'm having them taken care of as I get the money.

When I moved back east to horrible hot weather, I took it in to have the A/C fixed. It had never worked, but I didn't need it then. I'm a

65 year old widow so mechanics see me coming. This supposedly reputable mechanic wants $1900 to fix it. He says there's sludge all through the air conditioner. I just spent $1400 to ship it back east with me. I know, I know, but I love it.

What do you think? Carol

Reply to
cb1011