Thinking about buying a Sentra SE-R Spec V Pros/Cons??

My wife and I are thinking about getting a Spec V and we were wondering what experiences other folks have had with them. How is dealer service? Gas mileage? Long-term durability?

Reply to
MarcKyle64

You might want to try posting your questions here....

MarcKyle64 wrote:

Reply to
Idlafie

I love my 03 Spec V. It's fast, handles great, and a lot of fun. (Alas, I have tickets to prove how fast and fun.)

I wouldn't recommend my bright red. It's a cop magnet. Every cop watches me like I'm a 20s something racer. They are taken back when they see that I'm a 48 year old racer. I still get the tickets though. I would get the silver or black next time.

I am a bell salesman (cast bronze bells, electronic carillons, and large outdoor clocks) and drive all over MN and WI. I drive 10 mph over pretty regularly. I get upper 20s in MPG on the Interstates at 75 mph. At 65 mph on the smaller roads I get in the lower 30s for MPG.

I've never had a problem with my Spec V. I took it in for a few recalls and found the service at my dealer just great. That may or may not translate to your dealer though.

I once met a guy with an old Sentra that had 250,000 miles on it. He did all the regular maintenance and it ran like a charm. OK a few rust spots, but that was normal on those old ones. Hey, one reason we buy Nissan is that we expect them to run reliably for many, many miles. I don't see why mine can't do 150,000 easily.

Clyde

Reply to
Clyde