94 Camry Idle Speed

Anybody know the manufacturer's prescribed warmed-up idle speed for the 1994 Camry 4 cyl?

Right now the engine is idling at about 500 - 600 rpm. The engine vibrates quite heavily at idle until idle speed is increased above 900 rpm. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Let me know if you find the desired idle speed. I have the same problem you are having.

Reply to
Tom

Your coolant temperature sensor is probably bad. The computer doesn't know the engine is cold.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

the engine is cold.

Does the coolant temp sensor provide the signal to both the computer and the guage? Because the guage is working correctly. Or did Toyot use two different coolant sensors: one to supply the signal to the computer and the other for the gauge?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Tom