91 camry 4cylinder have idle up valve for a/c?

If so...where is it?? When I put my a/c on and the fans kick on the car shakes(idle low)... Isnt there a valve of some sort to kick up the idle? Thanks:)Nel

Reply to
:

IIRC, the idle-up is handled by the engine ECM. What is the idle speed when the AC compressor is engaged? If idle speed is not actually too low, check the engine mounts.

Reply to
Ray O

Hello:) I was thinking about the mounts too but it seems I dont hear the idle go up at all when the a/c compressor and fans engage causing it to vibrate. I tried to increase the idle speed screw a turn and its much better but to high in park now so Im going to turn it back down. Looking at the manifold where it says EFI on the left side there is a piece with a large bolt with a spring behind it that you can actually turn by hand...any ideas on what this is(it has vacuum lines going to it). Thanks again Rayo!!

Reply to
:

The idle speed is not adjustable. I would not mess with any screws to try to adjust the idle speed.

With the engine warmed up and idling, engage the AC and see if the engine RPM goes up by about 100 RPM.

Reply to
Ray O