'94 Grand Am has never had a tune up

As far as I know, my friend's '94 Pontiac Grand Am has never had a tune up in it's 101,000 miles, but I've only known her for about 3 years. The problem that has prompted me to write this can be described with the following symptoms: When I start the car cold, it will stall after a couple of minutes. If I depress the accellerator an inch or so and hold it steady, it sounds as if I'm depressing it, then letting up, then depressing, then letting up, etc. As it warms up, it eventually runs fine. I'm guessing the car needs at least new plugs and wires. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Bill T

George