95 Impala SS no start

I have a 1995 Impala SS 5.7L LT1. 140K miles, strong running, but occasionally will not start. After it sits for for a while it will start. It always cranks fine but wont fire. Sometimes it tries to fire. There seems to be an intermittant electrical short. Sometimes the electronic dash display does not act right and becomes dim during these no start attempts. I have a brand new battery. Starter was removed and checked ok, although starter has always turned a little slow. Clock light on radio now stays on when key is off. I dont think the radio clock light should stay on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Anonymous

At first I was thinking control module, but now it sounds like a possible bad ignition switch

Reply to
m6onz5a

jimbob ( snipped-for-privacy@att.net) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

when it won`t start, try turning on the ign switch, cycle it on and off, don`t crank, for about 10sec each way for about 3 times. Then try to start it. If it starts then, you need a fuel filter or fuel pump. I see this all the time. seems everyone forgets the fuel filter any more. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff