96 chevy truck question

I have a 96 silverado with a 350 and a coolant leak. I am not sure, but am thinking it is coming from the back of the water pump. I am replacing the water pump. I took the water pump off and noticed there is an orange seal pulled out from the intake mannifold in one spot. (Ot is least it looks that way. This was replaced at a dealership about 5 years ago. (The head gasket was replaced so I assume the intake gasket was too. What are the chances my leak is actually coming from here? Also, is it common for a leak to develop at the back of the wate rpump?

Reply to
carnut

How many miles? Looking at the age, it could very well be the pump or a freeze plug on the block in that area or simply a hose or hose clamp..

Reply to
ed

Reply to
Shep