95 jeep grand cherokee coolant leak

Hey I have a 95 jeep grand cherokee that has engine coolant leak between the water pump and oil pan. When I get down to observe it it looks like its leaking from the oil pan gasket. I also checked to see if there was any coolant in the oil. There is none. Another note is it drips only when I turn it on and after a drive. The previous owner said they replaced pump. What am I missing here?

Reply to
Manny

6 or 8?

If it's an 8 there are water passages on each side that go through the timing cover. If the timing cover gasket starts to go it can give the symptoms you describe. If that's what's happening it's a good idea to fix it sooner rather than later because when it finally does let go it will be a substantial leak that can drain the cooling system in a few miles.

If you're repairing it yourself it's a cheap part but you have to pull just about everything off the front of the engine to get to it. If you're having it done there's a lot of labor in pulling all those pieces off and putting them back on.

Reply to
J. Clarke