96 Neon Injector signal

I have a 96 Neon that starts and runs fine for several minutes (15-30) and abruptly dies. When you try to restart it, it tries to fire but won't. The rail is at 48-50 psi and the positive side of the injector harness is hot. The MIL is on but I'm unable to retrieve the code(s) at this point. When I check the ECM side of the injectors I get an intermittent ground. KOEO, I have a solid ground on the ECM side of the injector harness. When I try to start the engine, the ground disappears or is intermittent. When the engine is cold the ECM side of injector harness has the correct signal and the engine runs.

1) Is this a wiring problem or an ECM/sensor problem?

2) Could the cam sensor cause this?

3) Does Mitsubishi have a problem with injector drivers in their ECMs?

Any feedback on this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dale Greep

Reply to
Dale

Insufficient testing to answer.

Yes.

?? The subject line says 96 neon.

Best place to start is with the stored trouble codes.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

This is a "Diamond-Star" product. The ECM was built by Mitsubishi. I've replaced ECM's in Mopar products from this era where the board would get hot and shut down certain functions (charging, spark,etc). When the unit cooled down it woud run fine.

Reply to
Dale

It most certainly is not.

Reply to