'96 Sentra How To Reset SES (Check Engine) Light?

A couple of weeks a ago I replaced the starter on a '96 Sentra. Had to remove the air filter box and disconnect 2 or 3 plugs connected to it.

After replacing the starter I started the car a couple of times just to check the starter. The check engine light was not on.

Since then the car has been sitting in my garage because it needed brake pads. I replaced the brake pads today and while test driving it I noticed the check engine light was on. I checked all of the electrical plugs and vacuum hoses. Everything is connected and the car runs great.

I tried to reset the SES light several times using the method below but I could never get the SES light to start blinking. Anyone know what is going on here? Is there another way to reset it? Read somewhere you could just leave the battery disconnected for several hours so as I write this the negative cable is disconnected.

Thanks, Ron

Reply to
Ron