97 Dodge 2500 Van dashboard lights

I mentioned before that I had lost most of my lights in my old Dodge van cluster, so finally decided to get to the ugly task of fixing it.

If any have a similar vehicle, you should first remove the shift indicator cable from under the steering column before you start to remove the cluster.

Removal of the fascia and the cluster is very straightforward on this van. Takes maybe 10-15 minutes.

What is not so obvious is how to get the bulbs out once the cluster is free. It LOOKS LIKE you should be able to screw off the caps on the back of the cluster and remove the bulbs, but these are held in place by some tangs and slots. I didnt want to get forceful, and couldnt release the tangs with the tools I had, so I disassembled the dash and got at it from the inside. (Bulbs were #194, a total of ten of them.)

When you reassemble the car, you will have to re-fit the shift indicator cable and adjust it.

All in all, it was a lot easier than I had feared.

Reply to
HLS