1983 Dodge van,

I bought last October.Looks to me like it has a catalytic converter.I don't know how old that converters is, (I am the second owner of the
van) but I want to replace it with a straight through flow pipe.Who sells such a pipe? Perhaps, www.jcwhitney.com ? cuhulin

why bother? The additional flow isn't likely going to change the performance of a full size van in any big way.

Um, what if it's clogged?!?!
In article
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Historically, the OP has demonstrated to be more inclined to $hit-can a part because he doesn't understand it, not because it isn't performing properly.
I know the Raison d'Entre for catalytic converters.I looked on the net for, How to test a catalytic converter.(devilfinder.com)
Doesn't matter to me if that catalytic converter is plugged or not, it is coming off of there anyway.I will drive my van to a local muffler shop and get a tube made to replace that catalytic converter.I won't throw it away though, I will put it in my storage shed and let it sit there. cuhulin
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

The "local muffler shop" will not do that work. It is a violation of federal law. It falls under "tampering with the emissions controls"
The reason why you don't see "test pipes' sold any longer is because of this little law. Get caught with one on that van and I hope you have deep pockets.
Of course none of that applies to you, you're special and don't need to follow those pesky laws.
--
Steve W.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Really? What were the instructions for 'testing' a catalytic converter?

If it's not plugged, what do you hope to accomplish?

What gives you the right to foul the air?

You might as well scrap it then since it can never be reinstalled. If caught, you can also figure on replacing the fuel tank since the default assumption is that you put leaded gas in the fuel tank and it is now contaminated.
Around here, we don't worry about ''test pipe'' cops.Around laid back around here, you can drive around in most any kind of old wrecks.I wouldn't want it any other way. cuhulin

Um, not counting Cam II, where is it you can buy "leaded gas"?!?!
I don't think leaded gas is available around here. cuhulin
Howsomever, over the years since 1941, I have probally ingested enough lead, I am a lost cause.I used to work at an auto/truck battery factory (that old factory closed down years ago) in Florence,Mississippi. I Love you, Joyce. cuhulin
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/catpunch.html
You have to Nip it!,,, Andy,,, Nip it in the Bud!
PeopleStories. www.devilfinder.com Waymarking.com Pacific Missouri cuhulin
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

What is this in reply to?
When I was at SL 60, about eight miles from Pacific,Missouri (Missouriahh) that is where I owned my first car, 1950 Dodge.I bought it for $75.00 at a used car lot in Saint Louis. www.114thaviationcompany.com (1964, me eight years older brother and meself were over there in 1964.I once caught the Chaplin Run one Sunday to go visit him) www.tsna.org www.angelfire.com/md2/Ldotvets Page Three, tain A new U.S.Navy Ship was launched today, or yesterday, CVN 77.I Respect the Ship, I do NOT respect any and all politicians, PERIOD! I am a little bit drunk now, and I am ranting.It's raining outside right now. cuhulin
In article
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Since 1983, thousands of gas stations.

is

Effective January 1, 1996, the Clean Air Act banned the sale of the small amount of leaded fuel that was still available in some parts of the country for use in on-road vehicles. EPA said fuel containing lead may continue to be sold for off-road uses, including aircraft, racing cars, farm equipment, and marine engines.
http://www.epa.gov/history/topics/lead/02.htm
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Thirteen years! Mr. WebTV has a a tough row to hoe. Al
I might do a surgical operation on that cat. Meeeeeowwwwww,,,,,, cuhulin
Thinking about goin to Sams wholesale and buying some (garden hoes) and putting them on the street. cuhulin
My little couch buddy doggy www.cattledog.com www.acdca.org she can actually say my name whenever she feels like it. cuhulin