97 mitsu Eclipse GS needs paint

I have a black Mitsu Eclipse GS and the clear coat is turning white in some areas (typically those exposed to the sun) and start ti chip up off the car.

Its got 160K miles so I'm looking to get rid of it pretty soon but it looks pretty bad now. Where the clear is failing, it looks like spiderwebs and hte middle will crunble in your fingers.

Thinking strictly economy here, if I do the body work then bring it to Maccos (Cringe...yeah I know...) that should get me to atleast a good enough looking paint job to pass the sniff test on the for sale lot.

My question is, how far go for the prep? do I rough the finish on the entire car with wetsand and puddy the spots where the clear is cracking off? Or do I just spot repair the bad spots and have the painters at Maccos deal with the rest?

Reply to
Mook Johnson