'98 Caravan Serpentine Belt Popping off from puddles

Hi All,

I've got a 98 Dodge Grand Caravan with a 3.8l engine and twice now when going through large amounts of water (aka puddles) the belt has popped off! Also at low idle there is a rumble noise, kind of sounds like power steering in the old days if you have any idea of what I mean. I've got 50K on the van and the belt looks like it is in good shape. The tension appears to be good, I gave it the thumb test by pushing on it and it was fairly stiff. Any ideas?

Thanks, Alan snipped-for-privacy@stny.rr.com (remove the second NOSPAM :))

Reply to
jo-jo

"Brian Pellerin" wrote in news:Jei0b.175935$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.austin.rr.com:

I also have replaced this tensioner on several of these vans somewhere between 50 and 100k.

Reply to
Anthony