98 Hyundai Accent (automatic) help please...

he Problem i am having i'd be driving at highway speed and the transmission would not shift at the right time It would run a high rpms with the overdrive on and when it would shift it would stay at that high gear and would not return to low gears and would only return back normal if i pulled over and switched off.. I switch off.. back on and it drives like normal.. Drive a few days in town no problem but up to high speeds(50 to60mph) issue would accure again.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Reply to
Krys

The codes showed up as a o2 sensor and a speed sensor. The local parts stores i have checked with are unable order the speed sensor. I am not familar with the newer cars. the thing i so confused by it when you turn the car off and back on it works normal. The one machinc i talked to advised me to check over the sensors and clean them and reconnect them. I am going to do the research on locations of the sensor but i am unable to locate any. Would you happen to know a nother name the speed sensor for the transmission would be known as.

Reply to
Krys

Could be lots of things. What are the diagnostics results? In any case, its time for a rebuild.

Reply to
Paul

Could very well be the vehicle speed sensor (VSS). I would have that fixed.

A bad O2 sensor will load up the system with raw gas and burn out the CAT. I would have that fixed ASAP.

A quick google search brought this up. It may or may not be correct. No way to tell. Call wells and ask, maybe.

WELLS Part Number Brand Name List Price Your Price Quantity Buy SU7719 (WEL) Click Here for Part Image Click Here for Activant?s Cover2Cover Image Speed Sensor TRANSMISSION - MAGNETIC PICK-UP (96-98) WELLS $111.98 $56.92

Could also be trans internal sensors and solenoids: shift temp pressure etc.

Reply to
Paul