a/c on lincoln ls

I need to recharge the ac on my V8 lincoln ls. I found the high side connection but cannot find the low side. Can anyone help?

Reply to
satch1872

i'm not certain of the exact locle but it will be located on the suction side of the a/c system. try looking on the compressor itself first, then follow the a/c hoses to the receiver dryer. if you still dont see it ,then follow on to the evaporator core located on the inside of the car.it has to be between the firewall and the comp. on the "low" or suction side. hope this helps.

Reply to
plainoldmechanic

Is it not on the accumulator near the firewall?

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Ability to locate service fittings is a quick and excellent test of whether you have the knowledge to be playing with your A/C system at all. Can't find one or more of the fittings? Close the hood before you hurt yourself and/or damage your car.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Good point. If he disregards your advice, then let natural selection take it's course. Then again, I've run across a few Fords where, once I found the fitting, I began cursing the engineering group for it's location. That was the energy I was feeding off of when I previously offered up a miniscule bit of help.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

I found out where the connection is and if anyone would like to know. The Low side Connector port is located on the A/C compressor itself. This is on the bottom of driver's side of engine. You must jack up car and remove access panel behind aluminum wishbone of a arm. There is a black cap on a/c port ... remove it and there ya go ! Hope this helps, I just did 1 a few minutes ago this way. Good Luck. No need to remove tire & rim assembly.

Reply to
satch1872

i,ll have to agree with DANIEL J. STERN, if finding a service port poses that much of a problem, please proceed with caution!

Reply to
plainoldmechanic

I had an A/C system explode in my face a couple weeks ago. My fault, I was in a wrecking yard u-pull it getting a front condenser and did not check at a service fitting to see if the system was depressurized. I unbolted the hose going to the compressor and Boom - R134a and oil blown right into my face. Fortunately I had glasses on so aside from them being oil smeared and getting the nasty stuff in my hair, no harm done.

I was almost pissed enough to report it to the EPA as it's a violation for a yard to leave these systems pressurized. However the knowledge that I was getting a non-leaking condensor abated some of that. I took the hoses and dryer and compressor as well.

Good learning lesson! Always check!

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt