1995 grand am gas guage sticks at half full

I just got a 1995 grand am for my son. The gas guage sticks at half full, when you put gas in it moves forward then stops again at half full. Also water gets into the front floor boards. Help! Thank you.

Reply to
soccermomsoccer

When does the water show up? When it rains? Then I'd check the windshield for leaking water in. If the water shows up all the time, you might check:

  • water flow lines for the heater.
  • clogged A/C condensation drain hose.

Can't think of what else might bring the water in.

Reply to
mst

I would start by testing the gas gauge sending unit. It may be worn out.

G/A's have a known problem with water getting under the lower windshield cover that goes from the windshield to the firewall. Water gets dumped into the air intake. Try re-sealing it.

Reply to
« Paul »