About jumping car - Connection Negative

I don't know if it is true or not,but I once read that Positive is really Negative and Negavite is really Positive.Maybe the Brits have it right? Visit a scrap metal yard once in a while where they buy old car batteries and you will probally see some batteries that have blown up,it isn't a pretty sight.When jumping another car battery,if you cover both batteries with a damp cloth,that is suppose to lessen the chance of a battery exploding.And be carefull when carrying a battery in your hands,just letting a battery drop on a hard surface can cause it to explode. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Electron flow is from negative to positive. But current flow is whatever you want it to be. The sign is arbitrary.

The reason electron flow is counter to the standard notion of current flow is mostly because Ben Franklin made a guess about charge migration and the guess turned out to be wrong. Oh, well. It's a couple centuries too late to worry about it now.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Because if there's a spark, when attaching the negative cable...a better chance that the battery won't blow up!!

Reply to
Daryl Bryant