airbags (safety not suspension) in trucks

Airbags are not required for heavy trucks. Volvo has driver airbags in new trucks, and Scania even offers side airbags. Now I am curious about these. In a car, the steering wheel is about 10 degrees from vertical. I trucks, the steering wheel is tilted 45 degrees maybe more. So how can you protect the driver, unless the airbag is really big?

Reply to
pedro1492