Alignment?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi, Well I live in Vancouver and last week we got dumped on with snow. Now I think i know how to drive in it but i dont think many others grasp the concept well, any ways someone in the opposite lane lost control and swerved into my lane i avoided him but hit the curb with my right fron tire. It was an alright smack but it doesnt look like i totally destroyed the rim i seem to have just scraped down the metal on the outer most lip (i was close to parallel with it when i hit it), and there was no damage to the tire. Now when i drive the car pulls to the left and i need to hold the wheel at about 11 o clock to go straight. I have no new noises, no vibrations, and the car drives the same as it always has even at high speeds. The only thing i can notice is the pull to the left. So my question is, does anyone have any idea about how much damage i may have caused? can i hope that its just a 4 wheel alignment fix? im sweatin bullets on this one so if anyone can help me out and let me know how much trouble i might be in the help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for any responses,

Mario

Reply to
Cav123

Go get the alignment, and let them know to look for anything obviously bent before starting the work.

If you only have tire-type places about with a limited skill set, have a 'regular' garage check for bent bits first.

Get a firm price est. for having them just put it on the lift and looking. Make sure they know you're not there for a fix just yet.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Keep sweating....

Unfortunately that kind of a smack can do some serious damage to the undercarriage.

If you are very very lucky, you only bent an adjustable part. The three times I have done that over the years were very expensive fixes. One was more than the car was worth....

Good luck!

Mike

Mike Romain

Could be as simple as the rim itself being bent and causing it to pull. Or it could mean that you bent the front cradle or a control arm or damaged the steering.

I would NOT drive it at high speed. Since you don't know what is wrong you are risking the lives of anyone on the road around you if something fails. Get it into a shop and have them look for bent parts before they do any alignment. It may be something simple BUT it could be more than the vehicle is worth as well.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Shep