Alternator Regulator

My alternator recently failed so I just bought a new one and put it in. I took the old one apart and as far as I can tell by reading and testing it I think the regulator is toast. The regulator is available on it's own or as an assembly with brush holders. Since this is mostly a make-work project to see if I can fix it, I'm not really interested in spending a lot of money. Replacing the whole assembly looks simple enough. What about just the regulator (internal)? It's got 6 pins, but it's hard to tell how they're attached. Do they press in or soldered? Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Pason

This is for a new Bugatti, isnt it?

Reply to
hls

Reply to
Pason

This thread is useless without at least a make and model for the car.

Reply to
Steve

Okay here it is:

1991 Isuzu Bighorn with 2.8 TD 4JB1-TC eng> Pas>
Reply to
Pason

Dude... With this message, you've effectively walked up to the parts counter in an auto store and said "I want a part".

*AT BEST*, the guy behind the counter is gonna look at you like you're an idiot and say "what kind of part?"

Don't expect much that's any more useful from this newsgroup when you post a message like the one you did.

Hint: What year, make, and model of vehicle? Maybe throw us a bone by telling us the alternator part number if you know it. Perhaps even the regulator assembly part number if it's available. Without *AT LEAST* year, make, and model, NOBODY here is going to be able to do anything but take wild-assed guesses.

Sheesh...

Reply to
Don Bruder

Reply to