An AD on TCM?!?!?!

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9D4CA22E3A8D1tegger@208.90.168.18:

Oh come on. That's pure bullshit and you know it. The only restriction is the commercials. They get the Canadian commercials unless you get it directly from the broadcast signal.

More bullshit. Show me *one* news story where this is shown. By the RCMP. I won't accept provincial police as you say *all* police.

Reply to
chuckcar

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9D4CDA11C73F0tegger@208.90.168.18:

I don't *want* the US history Channel. It's crap. ESPNCL is the same BTW and so is SPEED. Absolutely SPEED is the same - right down to the 12 hour NASCAR redneck marathons.

That's not a news story, it's an editorial. No where *near* the same thing.

try this:

For checking DUI. no where *near* what you said.

And if you aren't impared and have your licence and insurance with you, you go on after ten minutes. what's your point and your froth coming from? Get caught using a cell phone?

And now you've pulled out the wacko's. Most likely the one we both know.

Reply to
chuckcar

chuckcar wrote in news:Xns9D4CE3DD3950Dchuck@127.0.0.1:

There's a difference between not wanting something and being PROHIBITED from having it. A BIG difference.

If you can't see the difference between the two, then you're another reason I want to leave this country.

An editorial that comments on a very real action by the Canadian government. You never read the editorial, that's plain. Do you think NP invented the idea of Rob Nicholson and his report?

You're like most Usenet posters who, when faced with facts they dislike, denounce the poster of the facts, and then refuse to do their own research to refute the poster's assertions.

Her's another link, this time from your buddies at Government TV, the CBC:

That's a link to your own last post.

If you can't see the authoritarian damage that the new law will do, and the authoritarian damage that the old spot-check ruling does, then you're another reason I want to leave this country. I don't want to live in a country where people are happy to live in a straitjacket.

There's a huge reason that Canadian cops were under much more restrictive constraints until the '70s than they are now.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9D4D4C27CBE66tegger@208.90.168.18:

There's no probhibition. You can still pick up the US broadcast signals in almost anywhere (not perhaps Edmonton or Calgary perhaps) in Canada. Most of our population is *very* close to the US Border.

Of course I see the difference. I've also seen some of the worst acting ever in Canadian movies from the 70's and 80's. Most notably in the second half of Strange Brew.

And you think that in the US they pull you over for better reasons? think again. There's still places where they impound your vehicle on the spot

- without ever laying a charge or giving you a ticket. They sell it later to raise revenue for the hick town they're from.

Nope. The group is ont.politics and it's a canwest news article about the proposed change. I just double checked it. My postings all have

127.0.0.1 in them because I use Hamster.

I've seen some *very* badly done traffic stops - cops waving their flashlight below the waist and then chasing you when you don't stop because you think you're being waved past an accident or something, but the fact is that DUI and distracted driving is *big* news right now for a number of reasons and I seriously doubt the cops can think of a better way to reduce it.

Yes. Two reason: MADD and that they haven't done shit to stop repeat drunk drivers due to their own lack of competence.

Reply to
chuckcar

It is NOT!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I think it may be time for both countries to revolt against their governments....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Scott in Florida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And a Congress doing the same thing.

Maybe you will, but definitely not us, and there's the difference.

Reply to
Tegger

Scott in Florida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No? who stopped them from having any nudity in films from the 1930's until the 1970's then? Who created the comic book code in the 1950's? The precedent was set by those. There *may* not be any actual laws governing it (something I am virtually certain is nonsence - otherwise Ibsons' and Howard Sterns' radio stations/networks wouldn't have got fines from guess who? Stern isn't even *allowed* on broadcast radio anymore *because* of it.

Reply to
chuckcar

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9D4D4C27CBE66tegger@208.90.168.18:

No, just that editorials can have exageration for effect and don't have to contrain to the "standards of truth" that other articles have. Therefore stretching of the facts and outright lies occur in them. That's all I meant.

Look, I have serious problems with the way Can Con works. I have from the start. But I think it comes down to them not getting and keeping bright enough people in government to do the job properly. A point that was proved quite clearly when Patrick Watson quit as the head of the CBC. The bureaucrats under him wouldn't follow his orders. That's straight from his mouth.

I *do* see the authoritarian results thereof, but that's part and parcel of what some cops are all about. I'd bet money that a *large* chunk of cops become police *because* they can throw their weight around. As for the effect on traffic stops, that point I made about the flashlight wasn't just made up, I was in a car when it happened - outside of Smith Falls. It was a DUI stop. The driver happened to not have his insurance. Exactly the same as a cop opening a drawer when he's in your house: he wouldn't know that the insurance wasn't in the car unless he stopped without cause. They *only* fined him for not having his insurance in the car. Nothing other action was taken. I even mentioned at the time that I didn't think it was a valid stop or chase - and they *did* chase us and several other cars. With lights flashing.

I just put it down to some people are aholes and like to push others around. So they give them a whistle to shut them up.

That sort of thing happens *everywhere*. Here's the most recent famous one IMHO. In Australia this past weekend.

And you'll find that it's far more a right wing tendency than left. Something *far* more prevalent in the US than in Canada. I don't say this due to dislike of the (overmanipulated IMHO) citizens of the US, but from dislike of the people *doing* that manipulation.

Really, I'm not trolling you, I'm just trying to make some points I think may have missed.

Reply to
chuckcar

Sometimes I watch Trailer Park Boys, on the T101 channel.Only on DirecTV. It comes on tv tonight at midnight.I don't stay awake that late anymore. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

AFAIK, SPEED is the only channel to carry F1 racing. In the US, anyway.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Isn't this the basic problem in most countries? Shoot, look at Pelosi. She's the poster girl for Term Limits.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news:hp3rb5$rfe$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

No, that would be Max Mosely - changed the regulations so he could go beyond what they said and then changed them back again before he quit. Pelosi was elected despite some very badly tampered with polls. It just means she got her seat that much more legitimately.

Reply to
chuckcar

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news:hp3r8m$rfe$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

TSN (our version of ESPN) carries the race and the quali only. Not even interviews or the podium ceremony sometimes. Last year however SPEED blacked out both here. And they carry *nothing* but the three broadcasts and a 1/2 review show. Miniscule coverage compared to the NASCAR gabfests they have. The killer is that when the season was finished, they started broadcasting the races from the start of the season. So it was possibly was some fight between the people from SPEED before FOX bought them out and the FOX people. I *seriously* miss the shows De Cadenet used to do, but I guess the red necks were too much for him to stay. I recall his last Barret Jackson Broadcast. Very little other than "eurp cars are shit" type talk from De Rule or whatever his name is.

Reply to
chuckcar

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

It's an aquired taste. Some of the really nasty stuff - like that dealer with the gun Cyrus(?) make me want to not want to watch it. A bit *too* real sometimes. The strange things is that it's all done by people in Nova Scotia. Down east we call it up here. Seafood, Friendly people and Scots and Irish by the bucketful. Then there's Newfoundland where all the planes landed on Sept. 11th and the small town of Gander opened their doors for all the strangers. It's really like that down there.

Reply to
chuckcar

Well, THAT friggin' blows!

IndyCar is on VS here, and the satellite co I have got into a pissing contest with Comcast over the station, so I missed the Long Beach Grand Prix for the first time in about 25 years or so. >:(

They have since kissed and made up...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

They did that in Mass...TWICE! It was originally set so the Governor coud appoint an empty Senate seat until a "Special Election" could be held. When we had a Republican gov, the State Senate changed it to "election only" when it looked like Kerry might become Pres. Then when Ted "the Liar of the Senate"* died, they changed it BACK, since we have a Democrat gov now.

Whatever fits your agenda!

*(In case you don't get the joke, Ted Kennedy was called the LION of the Senate. I changed it to fit better...)
Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news:hp5hvm$r10$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

So they changed the length of time *between* elections did they to double what it was? And what about Arnie overthrowing the duly elected senator? That's a revoltion is the purest sense. Exactly like Castro did. but without having to have an army, just using the courts.

You wouldn't know a lion from a rat.

The last person of note to dislike Ted wore dresses and liked youg boys. Guess who *that* was?

Reply to
chuckcar

In this case, I sure can't tell the difference.

A LOT of people disliked of Kennedy. He was not even loved by everyone here in Mass.

Are you talking about a 'religious' person?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Ted Kennedy was a 'heck of a swimmer' at Chappaquiddick. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin