1988 buick century wagon 2.8l

Hi...

Recently, until the car warms up, it will hesitate a little bit when trying to accelerate. When I push the gas pedal, the car hesitates before it will accelerate and also hesitates as it is accelerating.

I seems fine after it warms up.

What could be the problem?

Thanks...

Reply to
JJT

Hi, I had the same problem with an '89 Toyota Corolla twice. The first time, it was bad spark plug wires. The second time, it was a broken "throttle position sensor." I have no idea if a Buick Century has this sensor too. The cheap route to take may to be to change the spark plugs and spark plug wires first. If that doesn't work, see if there are any computer error codes that you can pull from the car's computer (I don't know the procedure) that may point to if a sensor is bad.

Hope this helps, John '89 Toyota Corolla 129k '87 Chevy Celebrity wagon 113k (same 2.8 as your car, but I don't recall ours having had this kind of problem before)

Reply to
John Yang, MD