Analog Temp Gauge

The one that fits in the dash of a '93 Dynasty LE 6-cyl. 3.3.

Normally a gauge will read .50 (mid-way)- this one reads between .25 and

50 on the scale,

why doesn't it go to the halfway point as indicated in the owner's manual?

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron

You say normally a gauage reads .50 - which one. Is it the one in your car, a neighbors or???

Is the qauge calibrated numerically? If so I'm not sure what .50 means...is it centigrade maybe?

Under which conditions.

Reply to
John S.

thanks john for removing all doubt, the gauge reads up and down (vertically), is

hung in a hallway four doors down, and reads the temperature in tim-buck-two.:--)

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron

You are not making any sense. Your numbers mean nothing at all...

For instance, My temperature sender 'in the engine' reads 73 ohms full cold and 9 ohms full hot.

But the beginning of the gauge in the dash's color band for the needle starts when the sender hits 36 ohms and tops the band at 13 ohms.

Not very linear.

Mike

Mike Romain

After some deep thought and meditation in my Feng Shui corner, I have determined that the Webbie probably means to say his temperature gauge isn't rising as high up the scale as it used to. In other words, it's only going up quarter-way rather than half-way.

I suspect a bad thermostat.

Mike Roma> You are not making any sense. Your numbers mean nothing at all... >

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

yeah Hugo!!, the drinks are on me.: I was fixin' to send graphics.

Not sure of the history on the auto , but the thermostat stuck once to the extent that - the radiator blew-out,

radiator / thermostat both were replaced at the time.

The needle reading you assessed is right on target. The only thing questionable as

to the low temp reading is that the x-mission fan comes on when the key is switched on,

and stays on until the key is turned off. I was told this is normal.

But still, the indexer should be positioned mid-way the scale - when everything is copacetic.

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron