Another Coolant Leak Question

Seems like coolant leaks are a popular topic lately. I may as well add mine...

It's a 1998 Chevy Astro van with the 4.3L V-6, automatic, with just under 60K miles. It has started leaking coolant...not a lot, just spots on the garage floor. It looks like it's coming from the passenger side of the engine, running down around the starter motor. However, looking deeper, it appears to start near the front passenger side of the engine but I can't see exactly where. I think it may be the valve at the base of the heater assy but again, I can't tell for sure without taking some stuff off to get a better view. I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

My question is whether these engines are known for coolant leaks and if so, where's the likely place they occur?

There does not appear to be any oil in the coolant or vice-versa and it runs just fine, no excessive vapor or water from the tailpipe.

Reply to
M.M.