93 Camry Water leak to trunk - Help

Water is leaking into the trunk.

All trunk lid rubber molding looks good with no cracks or gaps.

Rear window gasket appears good with no cracks.

Car has been in no accidents.

Could it be coming from around the tailights ?

Any suggestions ? TNX

If the phone doesn't ring, you'll know it's me....

snipped-for-privacy@SFSys.com

Reply to
Socrates

Do you have a sunroof? The drain tubes go through the cubby holes in the trunk where the jack is. Sometimes they get dislodged and the rainwater gathers in there. It is also possible the ridge that the molding is attached to might have rust holes in it. I had a 89 Nissan Sentra that had that problem. Pour some water on the sunroof and see where it is draining, likewise for the trunk lid.

Reply to
badgolferman

If you have fold-down rear seats, get in the car at a high-pressure car wash and have someone hose the car down while you're in the trunk, or vice-versa. But be careful, leaks can be tricky; it may look like it's coming from one place and may be from another. Something I would look for is rust around the rear window seal; it may be concealed by the seal.

Reply to
hachiroku

Aske dealer to see the TSB on it --- its the rear reflector leaking. TSB recommends how to fix it (suspect liberal coating of silicon caulking.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Where is it leaking into the trunk? On my '94, there is a leak at the left light cluster. After replacing a bulb, the cluster only presses in with a gasketed rubber seal to the body.

Reply to
Daniel