GM ATF synthetic vs non

Hi:

2000 Cavalier 2004 Pontiac Montana

Just wondering about the synthetic ATF that Quaker State makes. Has anybody used this product? Is it really all that it is cracked up to be? It's expensive over 6 bucks Cdn. per litre.Or is the non brand name Dextron III mercron just as good? Time to change the tranny oil in the Cavalier, this info will effect the decision on what product I buy. As the car only has 43

000kms on it.(25 000 miles) roughly.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

With that mileage I'd stick with the manufacturers recommended fluid. It doesn't sound like you plan on racing (hehe) so no reason to go with a hipo like Royal Purple or a synthetic. DO go with a good brand name on the fluid, filter, and gasket, but all together $30CN should cover everything you need if you don't mind spending 20 minutes in your driveway.

Reply to
FBR