Automakers.

Google,,, Automakers to gearheads: Stop repairing cars

Reply to
JR

Is that part of the new program "poor people, stop owning cars"?

Reply to
synthius2002

Poor folks like me who own old clunkers are a lot better off. We know how to work on them.

Reply to
JR

cuhulin, Still have that old Dodge van in the yard up on blocks?

Reply to
sctvguy1

All of my vehicles tires hold air pressure, none of them are up on blocks. Did you ever get that 'Texaco Magic Carpet' smooth ride for your Matador car?

Reply to
JR

That Matador is now sold to a Rambler museum in Colorado.

Reply to
sctvguy1

Google,,, Southwest Rod And Custom AMC Rambler Rogue Youtube

Reply to
JR

yeah, soon we will have Apple-Foxconn cars. You will pay for software upgrades every year, then take it to recycling yard, and pay for shiny new car all over again.

Reply to
bruce56

I use an Asus Chromebox hooked up with an HDMi cable to my Samsung TV set. I get free updates from Google Chrome OS every six weeks or so.

Reply to
JR

if people would just stop paying hundreds a month on their sill gaming phone, they could afford proper auto repair, instead of letting their hillbilly neighbor ffff their car up.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

My T Model Ford car is 101 years old, real Easy to work on. But I don't drive it anywhere, the people around here are crazy.

Reply to
JR

Electric cars, man - it's the future! From a manufacturing and marketing standpoint, the benefits are too compelling. You can make many different cars from a single platform. Just change the software and body and get any kind of car you want. We might have to change to body on frame construction though. :-)

Reply to
dsi1

You can buy a govt surplus electric motor and some deep cycle batteries and make your own electric car.

Reply to
JR

I probably could do that however, my crazy old coot rating is nowhere where it needs to be and I'm not living far enough outside of town. :-)

Reply to
dsi1

You can find some Youtube videos about how to duit.

Reply to
JR

I have a Chromebook. It updates automatically so I'm unaware of any updates. It's just wonderful to leave all that Windows baggage behind.

A Chromebox sounds interesting.

Reply to
dsi1

rote:

et. I get free updates from Google Chrome OS every six weeks or so.

es. It's just wonderful to leave all that Windows baggage behind.

When a new Chrome OS update is avaliable for my Chromebox, there will be an arrow at the bottom right corner of my screen. I click on the arrow and my screen turns off for two or three seconds and the screen turns back on. Google,,, whatismybrowserversion Mine is Chrome OS version 42.

Reply to
JR

set. I get free updates from Google Chrome OS every six weeks or so.

ates. It's just wonderful to leave all that Windows baggage behind.

an arrow at the bottom right corner of my screen. I click on the arrow and my screen turns off for two or three seconds and the screen turns back on. Google,,, whatismybrowserversion Mine is Chrome OS version 42.

I don't get any notifications about updates. To me, it seems there are no u pdates at all and that's the way I like it!

Reply to
dsi1

set. I get free updates from Google Chrome OS every six weeks or so.

ates. It's just wonderful to leave all that Windows baggage behind.

an arrow at the bottom right corner of my screen. I click on the arrow and my screen turns off for two or three seconds and the screen turns back on. Google,,, whatismybrowserversion Mine is Chrome OS version 42.

If you have an Android phone and it has location services turned on, you ca n type "where is my cell phone" in the search window and it'll give you the approximate location on a map. You can even ring the phone from the browse r window. Thanks Google!

Reply to
dsi1