backprobing or resealing weatherpack connectors

Just wondering how everyone deals with backprobing connectors on the newer weather sealed connectors. In the past we could slip t-pins or sewing needles down between the seal and the wire and contact the terminal. More modern designs on these connectors make that all but impossible, or as with ECMs the angles of the wires coming in make it near impossible to even reach the weather seal for the circuit in question.

Does anyone have a procedure or method for dealing with the newer style weather sealed connectors? What sort of sealant are you using to seal up any damage to the weather seal or the wire insulation? I just don't want to have to worry about corrosion inside the connector or wire, if either are pierced, in the future...

Any inputs are appreciated

Reply to
BuickGSFan

GOOD bed of nails contacts and some quality brush on sealant works fine if you cannot access the pins in a normal way. Also having a couple universal break out boxes can be handy as well. I have a couple store bought and a couple home built.

Reply to
Steve W.